Monday 1 June 2015

A Week Of Happys #2


LOOKING BACK
I really enjoyed doing this post last week so why not do it again, eh? Here's a few things that made me happy last week. Happiness starting now...

1. LEON: THE PROFESSIONAL 
Leon is my favourite film and I watched it again this week, and it just makes me so happy. Leon is so cute and I have a huge weird crush on him (to the point where I named my plant, Jean Reno, after the actor... <3). Watching Leon again just confirmed why I love it so much.

Leon and Radler to celebrate my last night at uni. 

2. BEACH DAY
We went to Chichester Harbour last week, which is a lovely little beach crossed with countryside. The weather was gorgeous and it was just so nice to walk along the seafront in the sun! Plus we had scones, so that bumped up my happiness levels quite a lot.


3. FINISHING UNIVERSITY
I finished my first year of university this week, and it's so crazy because this year has gone hella fast and it only feels like a few months ago that I nervously started. I have loved my first year of uni, and to be honest, it was hard not to when I live on the most gorgeous campus ever. We have sheep and cows in all the surrounding fields, and I get to walk past lambs on my way to lectures. Oh god, it's so great <3 And as if the animals weren't good enough, my course is the best. I study creative writing which means I just to write stories and talk about books. Living that ultimate bookworm life yo.

Me in my university room.

4. BEST HOME AND AWAY EPISODE EVER
I'm a huge fan of both 'Home and Away' and Simon Baker, so when you combine those two things it gets excellent results. Simon Baker (star of TV show 'The Mentalist') is Australian and was in Home and Away when he was much younger (I think from about 1993 to 94, ish) and they showed an episode starring him last week. The best thing about it? He was on the beach wearing just Speedos. Amazing :')


5. EMIL AND THE DETECTIVES
My mum and dad went to London last week and whilst there they bought me a beautiful hardback edition of the book Emil and the Detectives! We used to listen to the audiobook of this in the car when I was really little and last year I saw the stage show of it with my Mum, so it's quite a big part of my life. And this lovely hardback edition is a very welcome addition to my book family.


6. RICCARDO
Riccardo is my little avocado tree baby and I love him so much (probably an unhealthy amount actually). He lives with me in my uni halls, but unfortunately is now too big to bring back and forth too often, so during holidays I have to leave him at uni by himself :( When I went back to uni for a couple of days last week I was very excited to see that he grown a new leaf. BUT that's not the best part! (He grows new leaves all the time and whilst I'm always proud of his leaf efforts, it's not as exciting as the first few.) The exciting part was that his new leaf had grown in between branches rather than at the the top of his trunk like usual. This means he is hopefully going to start growing outwards rather than upwards! #proudplantmother

The smallest leaf in the middle is his new one!

THIS WEEK
And that's it, time to start living this week! Tell me in the comments below what has made you happy recently!

Thanks for reading, remember to follow me for weekly posts.

Hope you're having a rad day.

Love Chloe x





2 comments: