Monday 16 March 2015

A Cruelty Free Makeup Bag - #BlogforBunnies

SO WHAT'S THIS GUNNA BE ABOUT?
Recently I have been trying to have as many cruelty free products in my makeup bag as possible. At this stage my makeup bag isn't entirely cruelty free but I'm getting there. I'm focusing on trying to get my drugstore makeup cruelty free first as this is what I use everyday and purchase most, so that's my main priority right now.
Everything cruelty free in my makeup bag.

So here is everything from my makeup bag that is cruelty free (as far as I know anyway, if I'm wrong about any of these brands being cruelty free please let me know. Also please know that some of the parent companies are not cruelty free for these products, e.g. bare minerals and urban decay). And now it's time to explore some of these products in more detail! These are my favourites out of my cruelty free collection.

NSPA OIL FREE MOISTURE GEL
This is my all time favourite moisturiser, and it's because of that key phrase 'oil free'. I have oily skin and so I obviously don't want to be adding extra oil to it, so this moisturiser is perfect. It's super gentle, hydrating and refreshing (especially on those early mornings!). Nspa is the brand from the UK spa called Nirvana, and so the scent of this is very reminiscent of that in a spa, and so it makes it feel like a lovely treat when you use it, despite being an everyday product.


NO 7 STAY PERFECT FOUNDATION
(Before I start I want to just say that i'm pretty sure this is cruelty free as No7 is part of Boots, who is cruelty free, but it's not 100% certain that No7 is. Hopefully it is though otherwise I'm going to have to find a new favourite foundation!) This concealer is another one of my oily skin savers. It's oil free and designed to last all day - they say 24 hours but firstly who is wearing makeup for 24 hours? And secondly it doesn't last 24 hours but it does last a hella long time. It creates a natural finish and is fairly high coverage so it's great for covering up any dark circles or blemishes if you want to. Also this lasts for so long. I've had bottles of this for months and months before, so it's definitely worth the money.


KIKO FULL COVERAGE CONCEALER
I love this concealer. One second you have a spot, put this on it and it's gone. It covers blemishes so well and you can't even slightly see them under the concealer. IN. LOVE. I honestly can't think of anything else to say about this product, except that it's perfect and you need it in your life.


REAL TECHNIQUES EXPERT FACE BRUSH
I wanted to include a brush in this list so that it wasn't just about actual makeup products, so let's talk about the real techniques expert face brush. This brush provides such a natural and flawless finish for your foundation and I don't know where I'd be without it. And can we just take a minute to appreciate the softness of it?! Ugh. It's so lovely.


2TRUE EFFORTLESS EYELINER
I have been using this eyeliner for years now. It's really long-lasting, and I never have issues with it budging throughout the day. The brush is silicone which makes it really easy to apply, even for those not so practiced in the liquid eyeliner field. Now this brand is exclusive to superdrug so you might not be able to get your hands on it everywhere, but if you can I urge you try it! Plus it costs about £2, and there is nearly always an offer on it, so it doesn't hurt your purse too much either.


LET'S WRAP THIS UP
And that's it. I have spent many years collecting my staple products and exploring different brands to find what I like, so it was hard to pick out just a few items from my makeup bag to tell you about in detail! If you have any recommendations for cruelty free brands let please let me know in the comments, i'm always on the lookout for rad, animal friendly brands to try out.

Thanks for reading. I hope the rest of your day is wonderful!

Love Chloe x

OH, YOU WANT SOME LINKS? HERE YA GO.
Moisturiser: http://www.nspa.co.uk/products/oil-free-moisture-gel-step-4/
Foundation: http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Stay-Perfect-Foundation_1376459/
Concealer: http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk/make-up/face/concealers/Full-Coverage-Concealer/p-KM00102003
Brush: https://realtechniques.com/shop-collection/expert-face-brush
Eyeliner: http://www.superdrug.com/2True/2True-Effortless-Eyeliner-Shade-1/p/312479#.VQb5uUtZ5FI



No comments:

Post a Comment