Tuesday 21 April 2015

Human Stories // AMBER LILLY PAYNE

BEFORE WE BEGIN...
I just wanted to quickly explain what this is. So basically I had this idea for a series of blog posts called 'Human Stories', in which I ask a bunch of people some questions about their lives and the stories within their lives. And so that's what this is, it's the first one and today you'll be meeting my dear best friend, Amber. Make sure to look out for future Human Stories and there will be opportunities to get involved with it at a later date too! Enjoy! :) x

* * *

Human Stories // AMBER LILLY PAYNE

This is Amber...

IMG_5430.JPG

Why do you like this photo of you so much? What is the story behind it?

I chose this photo because I can’t use Jade’s photo of me as Merida and so here’s the runner up :’) This photo was a headshot done by my good friend Tom Ridgeway, and oh the giggles we had trying to get to the photography room when the doorway was blocked by piles of artwork and things, we were still laughing between shoots. I feel like this photo actually shows me, and not just my face, I mean you can get an idea of who I am and what I’m like just looking at this photo. I think it’s pretty neat that a photo can reflect personality as well as personal appearance.

The Basics
  • Name? Amber Lilly Payne
  • Where do you live? On weekdays I live at Bracknell Forest, Berkshire. I spend my weekends in drinking tea in Narnia.
  • Favourite food? Either margherita pizza (toppings are too much if planning on devouring an entire large pizza) or carbonara pasta.

Describe yourself in one sentence
“I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious.”

Childhood - What is your favourite childhood memory?
My favourite childhood memory is probably exploring my Nana and Popa’s garden in New Zealand. Think of the film The Secret Garden, then add random animals walking through occasionally because of the farm which you have to go through a hidden pathway to get to. New Zealand is magical.

Dreams - Do you have a dream for your life? Is there are story about how this dream came about?
I want to act, more than anything. I especially want to become a well known actor because I have had Generalised Epilepsy for six years, and more recently have developed Gilbert Syndrome (laughably harmless) and Asthma (I call them Effie, Gilbert and Annie for short). I didn’t know of many performers at all who had conditions that could potentially stop them from performing or from doing anything else major and I think it’s really important to have people there that people like me, with conditions, can relate to when times are tough. I want everyone to know that illness doesn’t have to define you. You are not your illness.

What don’t we know?
I plan on learning at least five languages by the time I’m old and grey. I’ve got English down, I’m currently learning British Sign Language, Dutch and French. I hope to start learning either Finnish or Swedish and Spanish soon after I become more fluent in the previously stated languages.

Storytime - Tell us an interesting story about yourself.
Back in my college days I was the shortest person there (at a staggering height of 5”1), and so whenever something was lost out of a window or in a small space I would retrieve the items with the help of fellow students by hanging out of the window (with someone holding my legs of course, safety first children!) and use a litter picker to grab a hold of the revision book or whatever it was that had gone out the window. Thinking back on it, maybe my heroic deeds hanging out of windows is what made me so tired at college? I may have fallen asleep and woken up to find my friends had been piling things on me…

Social Media - Where else can we find you?
You can find me on Facebook as Amber Lilly Payne, and Instagram @amberlily.

No comments:

Post a Comment