Monday 2 March 2015

My MAC Eyeshadows



MAC eyeshadows are amazing. Like seriously amazing. And every time I'm in a MAC store, I spend ages studying their eyeshadow stand, reading the colour names and swatching them on my hand. At the moment I only own four of their eyeshadows, but if I wasn't a student who needed to use my money for food, I would definitely own more! 


They're incredibly pigmented, and the colour will stay on for hours without creasing (when I use primer anyway... Darn my oily eyelids, haha!).

But you've probably heard all this before, so let's begin the short tour of my MAC eyeshadow collection. The theme of my shadows (yes, they have a theme, bit fancy, eh?) is The Great Gatsby. This is because my sister bought me two of these shadows for my eighteenth birthday, which was Gatsby themed, and so when I purchased the other two I made sure they could be linked to Gatsby too. 

AMBER LIGHTS
Amber Lights is a gorgeous bronze coloured shadow, and was actually my first MAC eyeshadow. It has a little bit of glimmer in it which means it's perfect for adding some sparkle to your look. As I have brown eyes I can't confirm this, but I've heard that Amber Lights makes blue eyes appear a more intense blue, so all you blue-eyed kids need to try this shadow out! The Gatsby theme comes in here because of the black and gold style that was fashionable in the 1920's. 

'Amber Lights'

SUMPTUOUS OLIVE
I love the name of this shadow, it always just makes me picture really glamorous, curvy olives for some reason and it just makes me laugh. It's also a lovely eyeshadow. It's a sort of forest green colour, so it isn't too in your face, but really compliments green outfits (obviously). I chose a green eyeshadow for this palette to represent the green light that is in The Great Gatsby. 

'Sumptuous Olive'
NYLON
Nylon is the perfect inner corner colour. It's pure white with a little glitter speckled in it. I tend to use this on the inner third of my eye to highlight, but as it's such a stark white, I extend the highlight further into my lid and blend it out with the rest of my eyeshadow. I also like to wear Nylon as an all of over the lid colour, especially in the winter as it creates a lovely frosty look. I have to admit I mostly bought nylon because I'd heard so many people talking about how good it was, but hey, white can fit in with Gatsby aswell... I don't have a definite reason why, but let's just go with it.
'Nylon'
BLACK TIED
Black Tied is a gorgeous black shadow, and it's full of glitter too. And because of the glitter, this is perfect for wearing on a special occasion. I tend to wear this blended with nylon, as the two colours obviously contrast well against each other. This shade ties in with The Great Gatsby theme as gold and black was a fashionable design in that era, as previously said. 

'Black Tied'

And that's it. Those are my four shadows and I love them all! I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you have any MAC eyeshadows, or recommendations for MAC products, let me know in the comments; I'm always keen to know what I should treat myself to next! 

Love Chloe x





No comments:

Post a Comment