Wednesday 4 March 2015

Top 5 TV Shows

Today my mum sent me a very excited text to say that the DVD for the final series of Sons of Anarchy had arrived. I've yet to watch this series but I am very very excited and little bit nervous to because I already know it's going to be ridiculously sad. I thought that because of this it would be the perfect chance to write about my top 5 TV shows. So time for a TV chat!

1. Sons Of Anarchy
As I just said the final series of this has just come out in the UK and I'm crazy excited. Sons of Anarchy is about a group of motorbike riders, who also get involved in illegal drug and gun businesses. And it is amazing. It deals with family primarily though, and the relationships between the families of SOA affect so much of the plot. This show has a lot of violence and death, but it's done well. It's not unnecessary blood and killings like other TV shows often have. Sons is based on Hamlet, and this is a fact which hurts me on a daily basis because as we know, nearly everyone in Hamlet dies. Oh god. This final series is going to be tough. Also if you needed any more reasons to watch this, then just know that Jax Teller (played by Charlie Hunnam), the protagonist, is beautiful. Like seriously.


2. The Mentalist 
The Mentalist is a crime drama, based on the protagonist, Patrick Jane, and his search for the serial killer who killed his wife and daughter - Red John. Patrick is a consultant for the CBI and so many of the episodes revolve around solving crimes, with a few episodes about Red John here and there. The great thing about this show is that despite it having some tense and heavy moments, it can be funny too, as Jane is a little bit... odd. And there are some hilarious moments of banter between two other main characters, Cho and Rigsby. I'm on season six of The Mentalist at the moment and it's been a very intense season so far. And like in Sons of Anarchy, Patrick Jane is gorgeous. So add that to your list of reasons for watching it.


3. Beverly Hills 90210
We're get a bit more relaxed with this TV show, it's one that calms me down instead of stressing me out like Sons and The Mentalist do! 90210 is the famous 90s teen drama and I adore it. It follows the lives of a group of teens at West Beverely High. I'm only on season three at the moment, so the characters are still at school but I know that in the later seasons they're older. I love this show, and if you just need some easy going TV to watch, I highly recommend this. Plus most episodes are on YouTube for free, so bonus!


4. Neighbours
The classic Australian soap is next. I have been watching Neighbours for my entire life, and it's just a part of my daily life now. Neighbours is about the people living in Erinsborough, and more precisely, Ramsey Street. There are some really bad acting moments in it, and some really amazing ones too. But that's what I love about it. I'm such a big Neighbours fan that I actually went on a neighbours tour when I was in Australia last year. I got to see REAL LIFE Ramsey Street and also some of the set. And I got to meet James Mason, the actor who plays Chris in the show. It was so cool!


5. F.R.I.E.N.D.S
And of course, Friends has to be on this list. I have been watching this for most of my life, obviously most of the jokes went over my head when I younger, but y'know. My favourite episode has got to be The One With The Rumour, because I love Brad Pitt. Anyway, Friends, need I say more?


And that's it. Those are my top 5 TV shows. Do you watch any of these shows? And what are you favourite TV shows? Let me know in the comments! 

Thanks for reading, hope you had a rad day. 

Love Chloe x






No comments:

Post a Comment