Tuesday 24 March 2015

Dinner Time With Chloe

Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry


THE FOOD
For dinner today I had a chicken and vegetable stir-fry. It was delicious and super healthy (I had a huge slice of Victoria Sponge in the afternoon, so y'know I was mostly just making up for that!) and I thought I'd share it with you because it was so easy to make.

YOU WILL NEED

  • Chicken, cut into strips (totally optional, if you don't eat chicken then substitute it with something else, like more veggies, haha)
  • Broccoli 
  • Cauliflower 
  • Baby corn
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Half a can of chopped tomatoes 
  • Olive oil
  • (Obviously you can choose whatever vegetables you want, this is just want I had. And I'm probably never going to know if you use courgette instead of cauliflower, and even if I did I wouldn't care because courgette is delicious and would totally work here, so just do your thing.)

YO CHLOE, WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
Begin by heating up a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan, and then add your chicken. Fry for about 5 minutes (it might be quicker or slower than this depending on your hob/stove, it's hard to tell because the hob at university is incredibly bad). 

Once the chicken is cooked through and just starting to brown add your veggies. I added the broccoli and cauliflower first as they take a bit longer to soften.  

Once the vegetables are tender (after about 5 minutes), add your chopped tomatoes and stir so that everything is covered. Wait for the chopped tomatoes to warm up (this only takes about a minute).

Serve! 


YOU CAN ALSO...
If you wanted you could add noodles, rice or even pasta to this and it would taste amazing. I was originally planning on using noodles but I forgot to buy them, but it would be delicious with noodles too! 

Also a little drizzle of soy sauce added at the same time at the chopped tomatoes would also be really nice, but again I didn't have soy sauce. 

I'M GOING TO EAT NOW
And that's it. As I said, it's so easy to make and takes less than 20 minutes, woooo! So thanks for reading. In the comments tell me what your favourite food is :)

Love Chloe x

Mmmmmmm...





No comments:

Post a Comment