Thursday 26 March 2015

i don't know what this is

writer's block

i know exactly what i want to say but the words just won’t come out. is this writers block? i have never experienced writers block despite writing for years, i mean yes i’ve stopped writing but that was always just due to laziness or procrastination, but this is different. i know what i want to write, and i actually do want to write this essay because i think it could be interesting but the words are just stuck in my head, hiding from the paper. i think it might be writers block because i have typed this very easily, i’m barely even having to think about what i write, which how things usually go when i’m faced with blank paper. i think i have been very lucky in my writing, people plan and plan and still struggle to get their words out, still have that fear of the blank screen or empty page, but i revel in it, a blank page for me is a space i can fill quickly, my hands just gliding over the paper and ink spilling from my pen and forming sentences i am proud of. if this is writers block then i understand the frustration it brings to the writers of the world because its safe to say, this sucks. dear words, please come out of my head and join the blank page, i don’t want you in my head anymore, i want you to have a safe place, a home in the snow-like whiteness of my laptop screen. it’ll be okay, i promise. you just gotta come out and try it. 

WHAT IS THIS?
Hey, this is just something I wrote whilst sitting on my bathroom floor (I was doing one of those deep cleansing nose strip things and waiting for my timer to go off, my bathroom floor isn't a regular haunt of mine!) and struggling with an essay. I wanted to just get some words out and this was the result. My poetry teacher tells us that if you don't know what to write, just write "i don't know what to write" again and again until you do know what you want to write. And I guess this is bigger form of that. I actually quite like something about whatever this is that I've written, and that's why I decided to post it on here, I guess. 

Anyway, I'm going to go back to this essay and desperately try to write something! Do you have any tips for writers block? If you do pleeeease tell me in the comments - i'm not coping well with it! 

We'll be back to regular posts next time, haha. 

Love Chloe x

No comments:

Post a Comment