Saturday 25 April 2015

Australian Adventure

FOND MEMORIES
So this time last year I had just gotten back from Melbourne, Australia. For the past two weeks Facebook has been telling me things I was doing last year and showing me photos I'd posted whilst on my adventures. (Thanks to the rad little "on this day" feature they have!) I have such fond memories of my Melbourne adventure and the photos I took there always bring a smile to my face when I see them.

And so I thought, why not create a blog post about my time there? So here we go! 

PHOTOS AND STORIES 

This is Degraves, or as we renamed it 'The Dark Alley'. It was the raddest alley lined with cafés, restaurants and a couple of shops. We went down there for breakfast nearly every day because all the cafés were so good. My personal favourite was either 'The Journal' or 'The Quarter'. 

I'm a huge fan of the Australian soap 'Neighbours' and we got to go on the set and even meet a star! This was James Mason who plays the character of Chris on the show. 

This is probably my favourite photo from the entire trip! Taken on The Great Ocean Road, where we had stopped at this little area that was basically just some trees and a tiny shop, but in the trees were hundreds of rosellas (that's the bird for anyone who doesn't know)! Our tour guide gave us bird seed and the rosellas would eat the food straight out of your hands. I even had birds on my shoulder and head! 

This is my and my sister at the aquarium. This was the best tank, filled with sharks and huge stingrays. It was amazing. 

I love this photo! My mum having a stare down with a shark! This guy was a proper mean looking shark, he looked like he'd definitely eaten some people before...

Penguins at the aquarium. 

This is the entrance to the Great Ocean Road! 

Our first stop on the Great Ocean Road was Lorne. Here we had coffee in stained cups (a bit gross but we laughed it off, it's cool), ate delicious biscuits and watched these people surfing! The cool thing about stopping in Lorne was that my mum realised that we'd stayed in the campsite just across the road when we'd been there about 20 years beforehand. I was one the first time round so I obviously didn't remember it, but it was still rad to know! 

Still in Lorne. There was a koala sitting in one of these trees and cockatoos flying overhead! Our first proper sighting of Australian wildlife. 

Incase you needed a reminder of why I love Melbourne so much. 

Me and rosellas. Seriously in love with this birds.

Look at this cutie.

I waded across a little bit of sea to a small sandy patch to take a photo of this beautiful starfish. 

These are the Twelve Apostles, the highlight of the Great Ocean Road tour. It was so beautiful here, like this photo doesn't even begin to cover it.

Another apostle!

#nofilter

We also went on a day trip to Philip Island for the Penguin Parade (penguins coming out from the sea at sunset, I have no photos of that because you're not allowed to take them there). We first stopped at the Moonlit Sanctuary where we got to feed kangaroos. This one held me hand. It was the best moment of my life.

I kinda wanted to take this little guy home. SO cute.

#nofilteragain. This was at The Nobbies, where we stopped just before going to the penguin parade. It was hella windy there but so gorgeous.

This was the first photo taken of me in Melbourne! We were waiting to meet one of my sisters friends for coffee. 

This was along the Great Ocean Road also, at a place called Cape Otway. We had lunch here and then had a little while to explore the area. I loved it there and I want to go back!

FIN
And that's it. I took over a thousand photos while I was there so obviously this is just a very small selection of them. I had the time of my life in Melbourne and I'm hella excited to be going back in December! 

If you ever get the chance to go to Australia, please do! I promise you'll love it. 

Thanks for reading, remember to follow me for posts at least once a week (and very often more). 

Love Chloe x


P.S. Sorry the photos are in a slightly odd order. I'm blogging on the go and I don't know how to move them around on the app...

1 comment:

  1. The Great Ocean Road truly has magnificent views of the coastline in southern Australia. The road also provides access to several landmarks in Australia, making it one of the most prominent tourist destination in the country. It seems like you really enjoyed your trip in Australia, and I’m happy to know that you’ll be coming back in December!

    Andrea Wilkins @ Getaway Outdoors

    ReplyDelete