Sunday 19 April 2015

The Daily Traveller // 18th April 2015

HOMETOWN HOLIDAY
So I live in Bath for university, and I feel so lucky every time I think about the fact that I can say "I live in one of my favourite cities". Now I love it when my family come down to Bath to visit me as it gives me an excuse to go to some of the more touristy spots around the city. And that's what happened this weekend.

AFTERNOON TEA WITH MR DARCY




We began the weekend by having afternoon in the Jane Austen Centre, which actually used to be where Jane Austen lived and is now a museum with a Pride and Prejudice themed tea room on the top floor. I'm actually not a fan of Jane Austen (sorry), but we had heard good things about the tea rooms so decided to give it a go. And boy am I glad we did. It was one of the best afternoon teas I have ever had, and I've had a good few. It was a selection of finger sandwiches, scones and delicious cakes to finish.
These cakes tasted exactly as good as they look.
Endless coffee.

SPACE NK ANTICS
We then did a bit of shopping. My sister and I went into Space NK, to look at the gorgeous makeup they have. I asked one of the ladies in there about foundation that was good for oily skin and she offered to do my makeup to test out a couple of products. Now this wasn't my original plan, but when you're offered a free face of makeup, done by an actual makeup artist, AND using high end products, I ain't gunna say no. She used mostly Laura Mercier products, but with an wonderful Oskia moisturiser. And oh my god, I fell madly in love with everything she used. She then gave us some free samples to test out at home, and basically it was amazing.
This was my makeup about 7 HOURS after she had done it. I'm very much not used to my foundation lasting that long and still looking perfect. 

A VERY CASTLE-Y HOTEL
We were booked into the Tracey Hotel for the night, and this is such a rad hotel. It feels like you're staying a castle and I want to permanently live there if possible. Our room had a four poster bed, a chandelier and a bath where water ran from out the side and into the tub!


I think I'm sticking my tongue out and my sister isn't looking, classic. 
Bath puts on a good sunset.
The castle!

The restaurant had some very Hogwarts vibes going on.

BEDTIME
We ended the day by watching a chat with Russell Brand and the cast of Sons of Anarchy (my two huge loves all in one <3) on youtube before going to bed in the four poster bed that I never wanted to leave.

So my weekend was wonderful, as I'm sure you gathered. I want to do it all over again!

How was your weekend? Let me know what you did in the comments, even if you were just watching netflix in bed all day, haha!

Thanks for reading, remember to follow me for at least one post a week, and sometimes more :)

Love Chloe x

SOME MORE PHOTOS AROUND THE HOTEL




My eyes started watering when we tried to take a selfie, but here's my sister and I at the castle!















No comments:

Post a Comment